Tuesday, April 7, 2009

and ... more noises!

The night before the big boom at my back door took place there were some "starter bangs", if you want to call them that! I'll just lay it out for you guys.
 
I was soundly asleep around 7 AM. I hadn't heard hubby getting ready for work like usual I was so tired that night when I went to bed. I awoke suddenly to what sounded like someone at my bedroom door in the kitchen that had fallen flat on their face without catching themselves at all or stopping the fall in any way. As a former Firefighter/EMT I knew that a conscious person would try to stop the fall, as is basic human survival instincts and self preservation instincts. That's the only way I can describe it. It sounded exactly like someone just fell, boom, onto the floor face first without interference of any sort. The first thought went through my head that something horrid had happened to my husband and I needed to run in there, see his condition and call 911. I did just that. He wasn't in there and the sound was where I was now standing just outside the bedroom door. Since I had been sound asleep when I heard it and it woke me up so suddenly, I second guessed what I had heard or at least the direction of it. I already knew he wasn't in the master bathroom, so I went all through all the trailer and even opened the front door and looked outside and on the porch for him. I was taken back, so I looked at my watch to see the time. He was already at work! To make sure ..... (no people, I'm not a debunker at all, right!) I called his cell phone. He was sympathetic to my plight of the strange and LOUD noise and helpless but he was at work and had been for a half hour. He was fine. No one was in or around my home. Everyone was still asleep or at work but me.
 
I have had 13 years of experience working on ambulances and fire trucks. I know the sound of an unconscious body hit the floor. I usually didn't have to look to know .... until this one morning. This was the sound of a human body but no human was in sight.
 
This same night, the night before the last post I just made happened, I was sitting in the living room watching TV not thinking on the strange morning's events. I looked toward my computer desk and thought I saw something very small and dark, not totally black but dark running across the floor. It was about the size of a gerbil or large rat. It was neither. I got a good enough glimpse to know it was see-through, yet myself and my animals all heard it hit the wall with a loud "thump". I was taken aback. I noticed also that the cord to my headphones I use on the computer was dangling off the desk. This cord was swaying and it was in the path of whatever that was that ran past it and into the wall. My dogs got on the arm and back of the couch and looked at the wall and behind the couch while my eyes didn't stray from the still-dangling headphone's cord. I watched it until it stopped. I know this wasn't a physical anything that small because my cat is a very avid hunter. She lives outside most of the time and happened to be inside that night. The thing ran not even inches from her and she never moved but she was awake to see it. If it were any type of small animal or rodent, she'd checked it out at the very least. She chases anything that moves!
 
Angie,
~Kyrie eleison on the road I must travel, Christe eleison on the road into the night.~

No comments: